PDA

View Full Version : Thread Highlighter Comments & Questions

BirdOPrey5
09-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Please post any general comments or questions you have about this mod here, or feel free to start your own thread. Note- only active subscribers to this mod may post in this forum. If you haven't purchased this mod please use the Pre-Sales forum for questions.

Sterling
12-21-2011, 10:41 AM
Hi Joe,

I was wondering if it would be possible to have different colors for each style? Currently I have a green and a purple theme, I can't really find a color that suits both.

Is is possible to use a stylevar instead of a color in the highlight color input box?

BirdOPrey5
12-23-2011, 02:04 PM
Sterling- This is something I will look into- a stylevar sounds like a good possibility. I will reply here when I have a per-style fix.

BirdOPrey5
01-02-2012, 03:00 PM
Hi Joe,

I was wondering if it would be possible to have different colors for each style? Currently I have a green and a purple theme, I can't really find a color that suits both.

Is is possible to use a stylevar instead of a color in the highlight color input box?
Stylevars have been added to the product. :up:

jimsflies
03-05-2012, 11:55 AM
I just bought the mod. I guess it isn't what I was hoping...was looking for the ability to set the highlight as an option per thread rather than every thread I create be a highlighted thread.

jimsflies
03-05-2012, 02:14 PM
Another question... it would be nice if there was a setting that worked the opposite of "Enforce Forum Selections on Search/Subscriptions" in that instead of highlighting threads in forumdisplay only, to have a setting that made them highlight in searches/subscriptions only. This way threads would stand out more in searches...what I am finding is that with the threads I want to have highlighted, I am the only one starting threads in those forums anyways...so they are all highlighted. But I would really like to get them to stand out more in the new and today's post search.

jimsflies
03-05-2012, 02:30 PM
This adds quite a few queries to the search doesn't it?

BirdOPrey5
03-05-2012, 04:17 PM
This mod adds no queries anywhere at all.

The suggestion to highlight only on searches is probably something I could easily implement. The ability to highlight only specific threads is maybe an option I could add to the mod via the admin cp settings, it wouldn't ever be a front end setting on this mod though.

BirdOPrey5
03-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Actually as is you can disable highlighting in forums and enable it only on searches.

Enable in All Forums - No
Enable in Forums - None
Enable in Search - Yes
Enforce Forum Selections on Search/Subscriptions? - No

memphisroar
05-31-2012, 11:47 PM
Nice mod. Using it on our forums for a premium members to be able to find threads started by mods quicker. Thanks.

BirdOPrey5
06-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Cool :cool:

semprot
08-19-2012, 03:36 PM
I just realized it adds +- 16 queries on forumdisplay. Thats too bad. I have to disable this. I love it very much.Please optimize the queries.. :(I even tried to install the free version again, but i had same result, it adds +- 16 queries.

BirdOPrey5
08-20-2012, 08:06 AM
This mod doesn't have any queries in it and I just confirmed here on Qapla.com forudisplay takes 28 queries whether this mod is enabled or not and regardless of how many threads are highlighted on a page.

My guess is you are using vBulletn 4.1.11, there was a major bug in that version causing dozens of extra queries to be generated when using some mods (like this one.)

See the announcement here: Bug introduced in VB 4.1.11 is causing 50 queries to be added to every page... (http://www.qapla.com/mods/showthread.php/296-Bug-introduced-in-VB-4111-is-causing-50-queries-to-be-added-to-every-page)

It was fixed in 4.1.12 and beyond.

semprot
08-20-2012, 09:26 AM
This mod doesn't have any queries in it and I just confirmed here on Qapla.com forudisplay takes 28 queries whether this mod is enabled or not and regardless of how many threads are highlighted on a page.My guess is you are using vBulletn 4.1.11, there was a major bug in that version causing dozens of extra queries to be generated when using some mods (like this one.)See the announcement here: Bug introduced in VB 4.1.11 is causing 50 queries to be added to every page... (http://www.qapla.com/mods/showthread.php/296-Bug-introduced-in-VB-4111-is-causing-50-queries-to-be-added-to-every-page)It was fixed in 4.1.12 and beyond.i use 4.2.0 pl 2 here.however i use vb optimise pro by dbtech also.yeah ive checked the code there is no query code at all so i wonder why enabling your mod adds 16 extra queries.

BirdOPrey5
08-23-2012, 08:00 PM
Could you test without vb optimise pro running? I'm not sure if that is a mod you can easily disable.

The bug in VB 4.1.11 had to do with this line of code in the plugin on the parse_templates hook.

require_once(DIR . '/includes/adminfunctions_template.php');

You can try commenting it out:

//require_once(DIR . '/includes/adminfunctions_template.php');

And see if the mod still works. It's possible it is already being called by another mod and not necessary to have enabled on your specific forum.

semprot
08-27-2012, 12:14 PM
Ok i think i know what causes the problem. vb optimise caches lot of things, some of them are styles.And thread highlighter somehow bypasses the template caching process (i think on parse_templates hook, no idea), so the number of queries seems increasing (actually they are just uncached).Because i have tried to install thread highlighter on my localhost forum without other products, and the number of queries is not increased at all whether your product is enabled or not.

BirdOPrey5
08-28-2012, 09:22 AM
Thanks for your explanation.

If you disable the automatic template edits and follow instructions to make the manual template edits you probably wold see no increase in queries.

semprot
08-30-2012, 11:21 AM
I've tried to disable automatic template editing but some queries are still uncached.Good product anyway :)

BirdOPrey5
08-31-2012, 07:47 AM
Thanks... :)