Thread: All Topic - Master Forums (VB3) Shows threads from multiple forums in one forum!

1. All Topic - Master Forums (VB3) Shows threads from multiple forums in one forum! Details »»

All Topic - Master Forums (VB3) Shows threads from multiple forums in one forum!

Developer Last Online: Mar 2019 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Category: VB 3.8.x
      vB Version: 3.8.x Rating:  Installs: 1
      Released: 09-01-2011 Last Update: Never Downloads: 27
      Supported Uses Plugins Auto-Templates

This is easily my favorite mod. In fact it is the reason I got into vBulletin coding to begin with- because I wanted a mod like this so bad and no one out there was willing to make it. I knew it was possible. At first this was just a collection of manual file edits but as I better understood the process of modifying vBulletin it grew into a fully developed, easily installed modification.

The purpose of this mod is to allow you to display multiple threads in a single forum. You designate one (or more) forums as a "Master Forum" and then you can tell the mod which forums are , for lack of a better word, slave forums. A Master forum will display threads from all of its assigned slave forums.

Threads are not actually moved or copied, they always remain in their original forum- they are simply listed in the master forum. Clicking on such a thread will immediately bring you to the forum it is in. For this reason you should probably do a little more editing to deal with this- such as for example a hard coded link back to your master forum(s) in the forumjump menu and/or the breadcrumb.

A great example of this mod in action is in the main off-topic section of my other forum, Joe's Ultimate Off Topic. However you will need to register to see it in action, Note the links in the forumjump and breadcrumb allow users 1 click access to return to the master forum. They will get used to it.

I do not have this in a demo on Qapla.com because there is no real place to use it here. It is not a mod that every forum needs, but if you do need it, it will be invaluable.

This version is compatible with most VB 3.x versions, at least 3.6.x through 3.8.7.

It adds ZERO additional queries (it modifies 2 queries to collect the extra threads.)

Download Now

Screenshots

vb3_alltopic_forumdisplay.jpg   vb3_alltopic_settings.jpg  

Show Your Support

• If you like this modification support the author by donating.
      • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.

Your simply amazing, your work is magical Bop5, I am so much amazed by your Products, like you said it your self:
    Code:
    In fact it is the reason I got into vBulletin coding to begin with-  because I wanted a mod like this so bad and no one out there was willing  to make it. I knew it was possible
    Your are doing stuff that I think is almost impossible to make, I really wish and hope this forum will get bigger and get the best reputation online ever as a vBulletin forum, so far it is my favorit, after vBcoderz.... Thank you for your hard work,

Your biggest Fan, CHINA-MAN