Thread: Mini-Calendar in Header by BOP5

1. Mini-Calendar in Header by BOP5 Details »»

Mini-Calendar in Header by BOP5

Developer Last Online: Jun 2019 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Category: VB 4.x.x
      vB Version: 4.x.x Rating:  (1 votes - 5.00 average) Installs: 7
      Released: 06-24-2012 Last Update: 07-04-2012 Downloads: 81
      Supported Uses Plugins Auto-Templates Additional Files

This mod adds a small "mini-calendar" on the header of every page, next to the logo image. You can see the demo on any page here on Qapla.com.

It uses the built in "ad location" called global_header1. If you use an ad in that spot (most people don't) you will need to move it prior to enabling this mod else it will not show.

There are settings but it is setup to work immediately after installing. Most settings should only be adjusted by advanced users. The font sizes and locations are setup for English day and month names- you may need to manually edit the headcalendar_bop5 template manually for it to look right in other languages.

You can use it as a link to the default vBulletin calendar (default behavior) or not. Also you can choose to disable it in specific styles if need be. Finally you can choose whether it displays the date based off the server's timezone or the user's timezone. (Default is user's timezone.)

New in 1.1 - Disable mini-calendar by usergroup. (Primary or secondary group.)

I don't anticipate there will be much further development on this mod, it was just a simple thing I put together for one of my forums I figured like sharing- it already does everything I can think it needs to do, but if you have a suggestion that adds to the value I will consider it.

Each <div> has a unique id so you can use additional.css to make changes as needed.

You can see the default calendar is "blue" on top. Various other alternative color options are included in the download (red, green, yellow, and more...)

Donations Always Appreciated.

Download Now

Screenshots

vb4_calendarmini_2.jpg   vb4_calendarmini_1.jpg   vb4_calendarmini_settings.jpg  

Show Your Support

• If you like this modification support the author by donating.
      • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.

Similar Mod

Last Post
    Replies
    Type
    Developer
    Mod
    03:40 PM 05-01-2014
    Free vBulletin Mods (3.x and 4.x)
    BirdOPrey5
    07:03 PM 04-27-2012
    BirdOPrey5
    05:11 PM 02-09-2013
    BirdOPrey5
    05:11 PM 06-27-2012
    BirdOPrey5
    09:43 PM 12-31-2015
    BirdOPrey5
    09:39 AM 03-03-2015
    BirdOPrey5
    12:06 PM 08-02-2012
    BirdOPrey5
    06:08 PM 01-03-2015
    BirdOPrey5
    10:49 PM 06-16-2014
    BirdOPrey5
    12:39 PM 06-03-2014
    BirdOPrey5
    Updated to version 1.1 - Added option to disable the display of the mini-calendar by usergroup.
    -Joe
    Developer

Updated to version 1.1.1 - The style chooser is now a check box instead of needing to manually enter styleids.
    -Joe
    Developer

Hi Joe, just a little request please, as you don't include the PSD...I'd like a brown image if you'd be so kind?

I don't have a psd file, just the png file. I also don't usually use photoshop but Paint Shop Pro X4 by Corel. It has an option to replace any color with another color.

See if this works for you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails header_calendar (brown).png  
    -Joe
    Developer

Like the mod. Quite neat actually.
    One problem i seem to have is the location.
    Its falling below my banner.
    Perhaps thats because i run 2 banners now. One left justified and one right.
    Might not be able to use this mod unfortunately unless i can manually put the hook into the header template or something??

You can edit the header template and move the hook-

Code:
    {vb:raw ad_location.global_header1}
    Anywhere you need to inside the template.
    -Joe
    Developer

That worked perfectly BOP5.
    Very happy with the layout of it actually. VERY HAPPY thankyou.

I'll install this puppy tomorrow. Thanks dude!

Though I'm not using an ad, I don't see the calendar. Any other suggestions on where to place it then?

Thank you.