Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: More Share Options for VB4 and VB5 by BOP5 Pro (Gold)

Lightbulb More Share Options for VB4 and VB5 by BOP5 Pro (Gold)

NEW- More Open Graph Images Pro is free with your More Share Options subscription!

$25

VB 4.x: Version 3.2.2
    VB 5.x: Version 1.0.0 (Now Available!)

The original "More Share Options" mod has been my most popular vBulletin modification to date.

The purpose of the mod is to add additional share "buttons" (Besides Facebook Like) to vBulletin.

There were two major versions of "More Share Options" with its latest version being 2.61 and has been mostly unchanged for a long time.

More Share Options TNG is a complete rewrite of More Share Options and raises the bar on sharing content on social media sites again.

Demo: Every page of Qapla.com has the "Gold" version enabled. I have disabled it on PMs, the User CP, and Settings though since nothing to share on those pages.

Demo Note: Linked In and StumbleUpon are disabled in the demo on Qapla.com to save space, but both are available in the GOLD version.

There is both a GOLD and FREE Version of this mod. This is the GOLD version.

The GOLD Version allows sharing to the following sites:

• Facebook (Like OR Recommend with Send Button Option, and with old style "Share" option, Dark Option, Show Faces Option)
    • Twitter (Specify "Via" Username, Related Account, default hash tags, and language- With or without counts)
    • Google +1 (With or without count, option to use built in Facebook language or specify custom language)
    • Pinterest (With or without count, option to specify pinned image, better Pin It sharing button in Beta available for testing)
    • Digg (With count or icon only)
    • Linked In (With or without count)
    • StumbleUpon (Several options with/without counts)
    • Reddit (Several options with/without "points")
    • Custom Buttons (Add as many additional custom buttons as you want!)
    • Add This (Option to input publisher ID for analytics tracking, enable/disable printing, disable duplicate sites option)

The GOLD Version also has the following Style Vars for complete styling:
    • Background
    • Border
    • Height of Share Bar (in Pixels)
    • Padding
    • Margins

It can also be completely customized using CSS- The <div> class id is bop5msotng and you can use additiona.css to style it as desired.

In addition the template is more_share_tng which you can edit as needed per style.

Some of the major differences between More Share Options TNG and the Original Version:
    • Share Buttons now show on ALL pages, including pages by 3rd party applications like Arcades and Media Galleries.
    • Twitter Count Now WORKS
    • Table-less design (All formatting done via CSS/Style Vars)
    • Additional built-in Facebook and Twitter options
    • New options to disable by Usergroup and/or THIS_SCRIPT value (as well as by Forum and by Style)

As with the prior version, fast loading Asynchronous JavaScript is used everywhere possible. Only StumbleUpon does not have an Asynchronous loading option and as such it is disabled by default in the mod.

IMPORTANT UPGRADE NOTICE!

If you are "upgrading" from an old version (any version less than 3.0) be aware this version (TNG) has been coded as a completely new and separate mod. It will NOT upgrade an old version.

I suggest if you run an old version of "More Share Options" you disable it via Product Manager in Admin CP.

Install and configure this new mod and make sure it works and you like it.

If you do like it then you can uninstall the old mod from Product Manager.

IMPORTANT - Some users have reported the new mod will not run until the old mod is uninstalled. If you have installed 3.0 and it is not running, please try uninstalling the old mod first.

VBSEO Compatibility:

UPDATE: It has been reported working with VBSEO!Basically I have no idea how compatible this may be with VBSEO as I don't have access to a VBSEO enabled forum. If you use VBSEO be sure it works as designed (you can share pages.)

Test share 3 pages: The Forum Home, a Thread (showthread), and a Forum (forumdisplay) - if all 3 shares work I am confident the mod will work completely for you. I suggest you use Twitter or Facebook for your testing.

If you do run into VBSEO issues please post here and I will do my best to fix.

General Compatibility:

This has been tested as far back a VB 4.0.8 and as recent as VB 4.2.0. It is expected to work on all VB 4.x.x versions however if you have a very old version of VB please try the FREE version before purchasing the Gold to ensure compatibility. This is not compatible with VB 3.x.

Admin CP Screen Shot (Gold Version)
    Screenshot - Click to Enlarge

Other Screen Shots:

Screenshot - Click to Enlarge Screenshot - Click to Enlarge
    Screenshot - Click to Enlarge Screenshot - Click to Enlarge

To download this file you must purchase a "More Share Options Gold" subscription in Subscriptions.

Note: I have kept the OLD version More Share Options GOLD by BOP5v261.zip for those who may want it attached.
    The NEW Version described above is: More Share Options TNG GOLD (v-3.2.1) by BOP5.zip (For VB4)

VB5 Users must download:
    More Share Options GOLD VB5 by BOP5 (V-1.0.0).zip
    -Joe

Version 3.2 Info Files - Included in .zip

More Share Options by BOP5.txt

Code:
    Mod Title: More Share Options TNG (The Next Generation) by BOP5 FREE / GOLD

Author: BirdOPrey5 (BOP5)

Mod URL(s)
    Free Version: 
    Qapla.com:     http://www.qapla.com/mods/misc.php?do=producthelp&pid=moresharetngbop5
    vBulletin.org: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/misc.php?do=producthelp&pid=moresharetngbop5

GOLD (Premium) Version:
    http://www.qapla.com/mods/forumdisplay.php/26-More-Share-Options-Gold-10

Product ID: moresharetngbop5

For more Premium, Free, and EXQLUSIVE (TM) vB Mods visit: www.qapla.com/mods/
    Qapla.com Forums by BOP5 Featuring:
    Mods and Support by BirdOPrey5 and Styles by DRE

DONATIONS ALWAYS APPRECIATED: paypal@qapla.com or donate directly on Qapla.com.

Current Version: 3.2

Version History:
    3.2   - Added new plugin to fix issue when sharing custom pages on Facebook. Recoded Usergroup permissions so that you must not give permission by usergroup rather than disable by usergroup.
    3.1.1 - Change "Select Style" option to checkbox select list instead of manually entering styleids 
    3.1   - Added option to center buttons - Added code to work with Facebook Platform disabled
    3.0   - Initial Release of More Share Options TNG
    2.6 and below - More Share Options Original Mod

Live Demo: http://www.qapla.com/mods/  - any page. (Gold Version)

========== PURPOSE / ABOUT ==========

The purpose of this mod is to let users "share" content on more social networks besides Facebook. It also allows users to share more content- ANY forum generated page can now be shared- it is not limited to threads, blogs, and CMS articles.

The FREE Version allows sharing to:
    -Facebook
    -Twitter
    -Google +1
    -Add This (which includes all other social sharing sites)

Plus ALL of the options use Asynchronous JavaScript for fast loading. (Note- On VB 4.1.2 and later Facebook code is loaded by the forum itself and may not be Asynchronous depending on version. See notes for info on how to fix this.)

In addition the FREE version these Style Vars:
    -Height
    -Margin
    -Padding

The GOLD Version has all of the FREE features PLUS these sharing sites:
    -Pinterest
    -Digg
    -StumbleUpon
    -Linked In
    -Reddit

It also as the additional Style Vars for complete design control:
    -Background
    -Border

The GOLD version also uses Asynchronous code everywhere possible. Only StumbleUpon does not have an Asynchronous option available. 

Important: Just because this mod allows you to use MANY share buttons it doesn't mean you SHOULD enable them all. Each button takes time to load (even asynchronously) and space on the screen and you should carefully consider enabling only the ones that will be of the most benefit to your community.

See Notes below for manual template edit options.

=========== PREREQUISITES ============

If you intend to use this mod with the Facebook buttons enabled you must make sure your built in Facebook Options are setup.

Go to your Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Facebook Options

You should have the Facebook Platform enabled. You should have an Application ID and Secret.

If you need to create an application ID follow this link: http://www.facebook.com/developers/ 

And create a basic Facebook Application so you can get an application ID and secret.

SOME Facebook features may not work if these options aren't properly set.

As of version 3.1 the Facebook Like buttons will work with or without the Facebook platform enabled and setup, but it works best when it is setup.

=========== COMPATIBILITY ===========

This has been tested as far back as VB 4.0.8 and is confirmed working though at least 4.2.0. It should work on all VB 4.0.x, 4.1.x, and 4.2.x and beyond. It likely will not work in VB5. It definitely will not work in VB3.

========= BACKUP / WARNING ==========

This mod does NOT alter your database however it is always good practice to keep regular backups and you should backup before installing ANY new mod.

As always mods are USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I will try to help if I can but no guarantee is offered or implied.

========= INSTALL or UPGRADE ========

**SPECIAL UPGRADE NOTICE**

You should DISABLE any version of "More Share Options" prior to 3.0 you have installed before installing any "TNG" version. Version 3.0 installs as a new and separate mod. You will need to install it like a new mod and configure it completely. Once you are happy with it you should uninstall the older (2.x or 1.x) version.

To Install (If new or running 2.x or below): 
    In Admin CP go to Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Add/Import Product
    Click on "Choose File" and browse to the product xml file that was packaged in the .zip file.
    Click "Import"

To Upgrade (If running 3.0 or up):
    Click on "Choose File" and browse to the product xml file that was packaged in the .zip file.
    Change "Allow Overwrite" to YES
    Click "Import"

If Upgrading brom 3.0 through 3.1.1 to 3.2 you will have to go to the mod settings and re-do your usergroup permissions.

You MUST set your settings to enable the mod.
    Each setting has an explanation of its use and example settings if applicable.

=========== NOTES ==========

Manual Template Edit Options: 
    -----------------------------

If you prefer to show the "Share Bar" in a different location simply set the option "Automatically Show Below Navbar?" option to No.

Now you can manually edit either the header, navbar, or footer templates.

Simply add the code: {vb:raw more_share_tng}

To any of the above templates and the share bar will show where you specify. 

Dark Facebook Buttons in Select Styles:
    ---------------------------------------

If you need to specify the Light and Dark Facebook buttons per style you will need to manually edit the more_share_tng template in each style.

1st) Turn the "Use Dark Buttons" to No in the Mod Options.

Then in each style you want to use the Dark Facebook buttons find the code:

<vb:if condition="$vboptions['bop5msot_fbdark']">data-colorscheme="dark"</vb:if>

(it will be near the top of the template)

Simply edit this code to this instead:

data-colorscheme="dark"

Now that style will always use the dark button(s).

Facebook and Asynchronous Code
    ----------------------------------------
    If you use VB 4.1.1 or lower the FB code will be asynchronous because it is supplied by this mod.
    If you use VB 4.1.12 or above the Facebook buttons use Vbulletin’s built in Facebook Initialization code. In the early versions (4.1.2 and such) the code was not technically asynchronous but since it was the last code loaded it was very close. 
    I can see that in VB 4.2.0 the code is indeed asynchronous completely. 
    See this post on vBulletin.org for additional information: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2224848#post2224848
    The bottom line is, I would not worry about the Facebook button being asynchronous if using old or new versions of vBulletin.

Pinterest Pin It Buttons BETA (Gold Only):
    ------------------------------------------

The Share buttons provided by Pinterest are available as "Classic: buttons with and without a count. Both of these options work as intended and are fully asynchronous. However Pinterest requires a specific image be set for these buttons to share so it will share a forum "logo" or other genertic image you set in settings, not an image from the thread being shared.

To try and deal with this individuals like myself have been manipulating a second version of the Pinterest Pin It button- This version allows the user to pick any valid image or video found on the page and share it directly. Obviously this is the ideal way of sharing content to Pintrest but the problem is Pinterest does NOT support this method from pages. As a result this is still in "Beta" (development) and there are known bugs.

Bug 1) For some reason sharing from the Beta buttons is causing the background page to reload the main forum page. This is relatively new and must be due to a change on Pinterest's side. There is no known fix yet.

Bug 2) The Beta version with count - the count is not working as expected- it seems to be update slower and even misses some pins completely from being counted.

Basically both "Beta" buttons are a work in progress and will be updated if/when fixes are found or Pinterest releases a proper button.

How to use Custom Button Code (Gold Only):
    ------------------------------------------

See "Custom Code How To.txt" file for instructions on using the custom code feature of the GOLD version.

Important:
    ----------

By enabling any of the share options you agree to be bound by each service's terms of service. Please visit each site to confirm you agree to their TOS:

developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/like/
    twitter.com/about/resources/tweetbutton
    about.digg.com/downloads/button/smart
    www.google.com/+1/button/
    www.stumbleupon.com/badges/landing/
    www.linkedin.com/publishers
    www.addthis.com
    www.reddit.com/buttons/
    pinterest.com/about/terms/

Manual File Edit for old VB Versions
    ------------------------------------

If you are using VB 4.0.0 through VB 4.1.9 (inclusive) see the separate text file for a suggested manual file edit.

=====PLEASE DO NOT REDISTRIBUTE=====

This mod is available on www.qapla.com. Some mods may also be available on www.vbulletin.org. No other sites may redistribute this mod. If you find this mod at any site besides the above please contact me at qapla.com@gmail.com. 

If this is a Gold/Premium Mod you must purchase a license to run this software from Qapla.com. Each license comes with 1 year of free updates. After 1 year you may continue to run the latest version you have downloaded previously.

Original code is Copyright (C) 2012 by BirdOPrey5 / Qapla.com.
    Custom Code How To.txt

Code:
    Custom Code How To for More Share Options TNG GOLD by BOP5
    http://www.qapla.com/mods/forumdisplay.php/26-More-Share-Options-Gold

If you are using the GOLD version of this mod you have an option to easily add additional "Share" buttons beyond what was built into the mod.

You can request instructions for specific share buttons on Qapla.com, but if you prefer you can do it yourself.

I will take you through an example.

For this example I'll assume we want to add the "tumblr" share button.

On Google I found this page by searching for "Tumblr Share Button"

http://www.tumblr.com/docs/en/buttons

I wanted a share button so I chose the blue one with the + sign.

The page tells me I need to put this JavaScript right before the </body> tag. 

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://platform.tumblr.com/v1/share.js"></script>

(In truth anywhere after the button code will work.)

The page also tells me this should be my button code:

<a href="http://www.tumblr.com/share" title="Share on Tumblr" style="display:inline-block; text-indent:-9999px; overflow:hidden; width:81px; height:20px; background:url('http://platform.tumblr.com/v1/share_1.png') top left no-repeat transparent;">Share on Tumblr</a>

Note that for tumblr I do not NEED to put the URL of the page that is being shared. In fact most sites don't NEED this value but many ALLOW it if you have it.

Tumblr does not ALLOW it so there is nothing to worry about, but if there was a location for the URL you could use one of the two allowed replacements anywhere in the code;
    {URL} = Actual URL of the page
    {EURL} = Encoded URL of the page - An {EURL} is needed when the URL will be encoded as a parameter in another URL. 

But back to the example at hand- Let us combine the JavaScript and the button code, putting the JavaScript they gave us first AFTER the button code:

<a href="http://www.tumblr.com/share" title="Share on Tumblr" style="display:inline-block; text-indent:-9999px; overflow:hidden; width:81px; height:20px; background:url('http://platform.tumblr.com/v1/share_1.png') top left no-repeat transparent;">Share on Tumblr</a>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://platform.tumblr.com/v1/share.js"></script>

Finally we should wrap this code inside a <div> tag so it aligns properly with the other button.

Here is a basic <div> to try:

<div style="float: left; margin-left: 15px;">  HTML CODE </div>

This assume you have the buttons aligned to the left. If you are using right alignment you would need to use the following:

<div style="float: right; margin-right: 15px;"> HTML CODE </div>

So the final code you need to paste into the CUstom Button COde option in the mod:

<div style="float: left; margin-left: 15px;">
    </div>

NOTE- the "margin-left" value of 15px may need to be adjusted based on the actual button you are using. 15px makes a nice margin for the tumblr button. Other share buttons may require larger or smaller values.

Again, feel free to make a request on Qapla.com of a specific button if you prefer:
    http://www.qapla.com/mods/showthread.php/73-Codes-for-additional-share-buttons
    Manual File Edit for VB 4.1.9 and below:

Code:
    For best results when sharing custom pages (pages the developers never intended to  share) there is a suggested manual file edit for all VB4 versions below 4.1.10. (4.1.10 and above don't need the edit.)

In your /includes/ directory edit the file functions_facebook.php

Find the line:

return $og_array;

And add this line directly above it:

($hook = vBulletinHook::fetch_hook('fb_opengraph_array')) ? eval($hook) : false;

Save and re-upload the file.

That's it.

If you ever upgrade it will likely be to a version that already has this line (VB 4.1.10 or above) so you don't really need to remember this. However from now on until you upgrade functions_facebook.php will come up as showing "unexpected contents" in the suspect file manager. There is no need to worry if this is the only change.
    -Joe

Version 2.61 Info Files - Included in .zip (Old Version)

Code:
    THIS IS A PREMIUM MODIFICATION. YOU MUST HAVE PURCHASED IT FROM BIRDOPREY5 / QAPLA.COM IN ORDER TO USE IT. YOUR PURCHASE INCLUDES THE RIGHT TO USE THIS MOD ON ANY FORUM YOU ARE THE PRIMARY ADMINISTRATOR OF. UPDATES AND SUPPORT ARE INCLUDED THROUGH THE LIFE OF YOUR SUBSCRIPTION, BY DEFAULT 1 YEAR UNLESS OTHERWISE DISCUSSED. 

DO NOT REDISTRIBUTE THIS MOD!
    (c) 2011 BIRDOPREY5 / Qapla.com

Official Mod Links

Gold (Premium) Version:
    http://www.qapla.com/mods/forumdisplay.php/26-More-Share-Options-Gold-10

Light (Free) Version (on vBulletin.org):
    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/misc.php?do=productcheck&pid=bop5moresharesvb4

Product: More Share Options for VB4 by BOP5 GOLD

Developer:  BirdOPrey5 on vBulletin.org
    *VISIT QAPLA.COM FOR MORE EXCLSIVE VBULLETIN MODS*

Profile URL: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/member.php?u=258922

Version 2.61

=====================================
    Just because this mod allows you to use MANY share buttons it doesn't mean you SHOULD enable them all. Each button takes time to load and space on the screen and you should carefully consider only the ones that will be of the most benefit to your community.

As of version 2.5 buttons will not slow down the loading of the page but care should still be taken to only choose the ones you really need.
    =====================================

This mod should work with all vBulletin 4.x versions released to date (4.0.0 to 4.1.6 at least.) 
    It has been tested and working on 4.0.8 forum and 4.1.4 and 4.1.5 suite.

What this mod does:
    This mod gives you many new choices to replace the standard Facebook Like button in VB4, in addition to the standard button, and the option to disable the Facebook Like button altogether but still use other share options mentioned below.

In addition to the many Facebook Like/Recommend/Send/Share options it also adds a Twitter Tweet button, a Google +1 button, a Digg button, Linked In Button, StumbleUpon Button, and an AddThis.com share button with menu. Each one of these can be enabled or disabled and you can choose to display a count or not for twitter* and the rest.

*Note: Twitter's count does not work on many VB4 forums through no fault of this mod. You should see if the count works on your forum and if not disable the count box for twitter.

How this mod works:
    This mod overrides the template facebook_likebutton so any customizations you may have done to it will be ignored if this mod is enabled. 

This mod will  show in locations you already have the standard Facebook Like button enabled. On addition it will optionally show on FORUMHOME (The forum index), Albums and Pictures, and Member Profiles.

This mod conatains 6 Plugins, 1 GLOBAL Phrase (bop5_share_this_forum), and 1 new template- (more_share_options).

----IMPORTANT----

By enabling any of the share options you agree to be bound by each service's terms of service. Please visit each site to confirm you agree to their TOS:

developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/like/
    twitter.com/about/resources/tweetbutton
    about.digg.com/downloads/button/smart
    www.google.com/+1/button/
    www.stumbleupon.com/badges/landing/
    www.linkedin.com/publishers
    www.addthis.com
    www.reddit.com/buttons/

----SUMMARY OF SETTINGS----

Check if Facebook Platform is Enabled - This isn't a setting, just a status on if the Facebook Platform has been enabled. You can enable or disable the Facebook Platform from the built in setting Settings -> Options -> Facebook Options menu. The Facebook Platform MUST be enabled for this mod to work correctly. It is also suggested you set a Facebook Application ID but it is not required. Facebook Platform must be enabled whether you intend to use a Facebook Like button or not.

Enable More Share Options? - Turns the mod on or off.

Thread Placement - Will Left-justify or Right-justify the share buttons in threads (showthread). If you want to disable in threads see the next setting. 

Choose Forums & Selected Forums - These two settings are used together to decide what forums, if any, the share buttons will be shown in. The point of these settings is to allow you to disable the share buttons in private (non-guest-viewable) forums. You shouldn't share threads guests cannot read and some share buttongs, like Goolge +1, won't work at all on private forums.

Enable on Blogs? - Yes or No

Enable on CMS Articles? - Yes or No

Picture Placement (Album & Pictures) - Choose Left or Right placement in albums AND pictures. You can also disable display in albums AND pictures. If you have no public albums this should remain off.

Profile Placement (Member Profiles) - Choose Left or Right placement in Member Profiles. You can also disable display in profiles. If your profiles are not viewable to guests this should remain off.

FORUMHOME Placement (Forum Index) - Chooese where you want to display the share buttons on FORUMHOME, if at all. If you choose the "What's Going On" location please be sure you uploaded the "share_like.png" graphic to your /images/misc directory.

Disable Facebook Connect Platform? - Since this mod requires your Facebook integration settings to be turned on this will also automatically turn on Facebook Connect. Setting this option to "Yes" will disable Facebook Connect if you do not want to use it.

Force Standard URL? - This should usually be turned on- some people using VBSEO might need to turn it off. Turn this off only if you find links generated by the share options do not link back to the correct thread. This is only applicable on Threads, Blogs, and CMS Articles. Other locations will always share the exact URL in the browser address bar at the time the share button is pressed.

Clean URL? - This strips non-English characters from URLs which are not compatible with Twitter and possible other share sites. You should keep this enabled unless you find links not working for some reason.

Facebook Like Button Type - This lets you choose between a Like and Recommend button, a standard layout or a button count layout, a classic "Share" button, and the legacy IFRAME version of the Facebook Like button. (Or disable the Like button completely.) 

Enable Facebook Send Button - Enables or disables the new Facebook "Send" button.

Facebook - Light or Dark - Will use the light or dark layout for Facebook buttons. Light is the standard color and works on most pages. Dark is better for very dark styles. In the event you have both light and dark styles you should choose one and manually edit the more_share_options templates in the other styles and force them to be light or dark as needed.

Your Twitter Username - You should enter your Twitter username here. It will be included with a "via" notice in every tweet from your forum. This is optional.

Related Twitter Username - Twitter allows you to associate a second username with your tweet button. This username will not be part of the tweet but will be presented as an option to follow after the user submits the tweet. You can include a username OR a username and short description of the account. Examples:

JUOTnet                               (username only)
    JUOTnet:The JUOT Twitter Account     (username and description)

Enable Twitter Tweet Button - Enables or disables showing the Tweet button and if so, whether or not there is a counter.

Enable Digg Button - Enables or disables showing the Digg button with count or icon (no count).

Enable Linked In Share Button - Choose whether the Linked In share button is enabled or not, and if so, whether there is a counter or not. The counter if enabled will not show until at least 1 share has been registered. 

Enable Stumble Upon Share - Choose what type up Stumble Upon button, if any, you want. The various count options will only look different once at least 1 share has been registered. You must re-load the page for the SU counter to change. 
    Enable Google +1 Button - Enables or disables showing the +1 button, and if so, whether or not there is a counter.

AddThis.com Public ID - You should visit www.addthis.com and get your own public id but it is not required. You can use the default public ID or erase it completely. If you register at addthis.com you can put your username here and you will be able to track your shares made via AddThis.

Enable AddThis.com Share Button - Enables or disables the AddThis share button and if so, whether or not there is a counter. If you choose to have no counter you must upload the included image "addthis_button.png" into your /images/misc/ directory on your server. You can also create and upload your own image if you prefer so long as it's named addthis_button.png and is in the images/misc/ directory.

Auto Template Edits? - If "Yes" the mod will attempt to make automatic template edits to add the Share Options to Albums, Pictures, and Member Profiles. If the auto edits fail or you just don't want to use them you can make manual edits to your templates. See the included text file "Manual Template Edits" for full instructions.

Disable In These Styles - If you want to disable the mod in some styles enter their styleids here. Separate with commas. You can find the style id of a style by opening a style in style manager- the styleid shold be on the top left of the table. 

---INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS---

*****IMPORTANT******
    You should always BACKUP your Database before installing a new mod. I have tested this but can't be responsible if something goes wrong. This is provided AS IS, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I will provide support as I am able. 

You can get support for this mod at the mod thread on vBulletin.org (you will find it on my profile page above) OR you can ask for help on my personal forum, Qapla.com (http://www.Qapla.com).

To Install: 
    Upload addthis_button.png or a custom image with the same name to your /images/misc/ directory. (Only necessary if you intend to enable the "AddThis" share button without the counter)

Upload share_like.png image to your /images/misc/ directory. (Only necessary if you intend to enable share buttons in the "What's Going On" box on forumhome)

Click "Import"

To Upgrade:
    Upload the inclded images if you haven't done so already.
    Make sure "Allow Overwrite" is set to YES.
    Click "Import"
    If you customized the template it is highly recommended you revert the more_share_options temmplate in each style at this time. All customizations will be lost.

IF UPGRADING TO GOLD VERSION FOLLOW NORMAL UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE.

After the product has been imported:

You MUST enable your built in Facebook Like button by going to your:
    Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Facebook Options.

- It is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED you enter your Facebook Application ID in Facebook Options. Follow vBulletin's instructions to get one if you don't have one already, it will make the Facebook Button options work better if you have one.

- You MUST enable the Like button to display in at least 1 of the areas (Forums, Blogs, and/or CMS articles). Even if you don't want to use the Facebook Like button at all you still have to enable it somewhere. The mod will hide the Facebook button if you want (in the mod settings) but the mod won't show at all if all these options are disabled. 

Finally Go to vBulletin Options -> More Share Options for VB4 by BOP5 (near the bottom)
    You MUST set your options before it will work. The mod is disabled by default. Even if upgrading from any version below 2.2 you MUST update your settings.

Set your options before you enable!

----NOTES-----

By default the AddThis button has the share options for Facebook, Twitter, Digg, StumbleUpon, Reddit, and Linked In built in. This mod is designed so that if you have Facebook, Twitter, or the rest enabled it will automatically remove these share options from the AddThis menu to allow room for even more share options and not to confuse your users with multiple ways to share the same page using the same service.

If you want to re-order the buttons edit your more_share_options template. Each button begins and ends with an HTML comment. Simply cut & paste the entire code for each button you want to move within the template. For example you can cut all the code for Google +1:

<!-- Google+1 START -->

<vb:if condition="$bopgoog">
    <td>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    var gp1script = document.createElement('script');
    gp1script.type = 'text/javascript';
    gp1script.async = true;
    gp1script.src = 'https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js';
    (document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0]||document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(gp1script);
    gg = document.getElementById('google_plus_one');
    gg.style.width="70px";
    </script>
    <div class="g-plusone" data-size="medium" data-count="<vb:if condition="$bopgoog == 2">false<vb:else />true</vb:if>" data-href="{vb:raw bophref}"></div>
    </td>
    <vb:if condition="$bopgoog == 2"><td>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</td></vb:if>
    </vb:if>

<!-- Google+1 END -->

... And paste it inb etween any other buttons you want.

Custom Button Codes
    You can make requests and find other custom button codes already released here:
    http://www.qapla.com/mods/showthread.php/73-Codes-for-additional-share-buttons...

Hoever it is easy to make your own custom buttons.

Find the code for a new button you want, for example, Google Buzz:
    http://www.google.com/buzz/api/admin/configPostWidget

Choose the button type ans style you want, and if the option is available, choose a custom URL as well. Put in any URL for now, for this example use the url: http://www.qapla.com

Also I am choosing "button only" , size "small" , and no image.

The code Google Buzz gives us is:

<a title="Post to Google Buzz" class="google-buzz-button" href="http://www.google.com/buzz/post" data-button-style="small-button" data-url="http://www.qapla.com"></a>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.google.com/buzz/api/button.js"></script>

We only need to make one small change to use this code. Find the url we used, http://www.qapla.com, and replace it with {URL}
    So the final code is:

<a title="Post to Google Buzz" class="google-buzz-button" href="http://www.google.com/buzz/post" data-button-style="small-button" data-url="{URL}"></a>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.google.com/buzz/api/button.js"></script>

You can now paste the above code into the "Custom Code" setting at the bottom of the mod options page and a small working Google Buzz button will show up on your site. 

You can put as many custom codes in here as you want, just remember to separate each block of button code with 1 blank line.
    (The mod converts each blank line into the code needed to properly separate each button.)

{URL} will be convertred to the URL of the current page and {EURL} will be converted to the encoded URL. The button website will usually tell you if the URL needs to be encoded or not.
    -Joe

Updated to version 2.61

Bugfix only - Fixed a bug where a required file include would fail depending on your forum directory structure. Upgrade only necessary if you were getting errors before.
    -Joe

Pinterest Share Option Released for GOLD: Instructions Here
    -Joe

Just an FYI - I have tested this mod on VB 4.2.0 Alpha and everything is working as expected.
    -Joe

Coming Soon: More Share Options 3.0

You may have noticed Qapla.com is now running a beta version of the next "More Share Options" release.

This new version has be re-written from scratch to be as efficient as possible. Wherever asynchronous JavaScript can be used, it has been. Pinterest sharing is now a built in option.

The styling has been vastly improved and no longer relies on <table> HTML tags to keep the buttons in order- I have been able to align everything properly with CSS. Tested across all major browsers (IE 9, Chrome, Firefox) - Not expecting any surprises in Opera or Safari.

I am keeping this in Beta for a few days until I am satisfied the bugs are worked out. I am also working on getting the Pinterest button to work better as some code so that it detects if my separate Pinterest Sharing System is active, and if so, does not duplicate unnecessary code.

As you may notice the new version works on EVERY vBulletin generated page- in fact there is an option in settings where you can disable it on pages you don't want it on. By default I have disabled them on PMs, Settings, and the User CP since there is nothing to share on those pages.

What this means is users will now be able to share links to entire forums instead of just single threads. If you have an Arcade or Gallery installed each of those pages can be shared as well.

The new Gold version will continue to have an option to enter HTML code directly for new and future share options.

Warning: When 3.0 launches there WILL BE a Price Increase. Per Qapla.com policy all existing subscribers will get access to 3.0 for no additional cost. (No ones subscriptions have expired yet.) If you are considering purchasing this mod I suggest you do so ASAP to lock in the lower price.

Make sure you are subscribed to this thread to be notified when 3.0 is released!
    -Joe

Version 3.0 Has Been Released!

I feel this mod is just about as good as it can ever be- Asynchronous JavaScript used wherever possible, high standards in coding and style design- and options for literally everything possible. (Use default values if you are unsure of what options you want.)

Having invested considerable time and energy in this mod and with the expectation I will continue to invest time in further development and support I have increased the price to $20 US. This mod is still a bargain compared to typical costs from other coders, and of course there has never been a "copyright" notice or other branding introduced by this mod.

As always anyone who purchased the mod at the lower price will still have access to download the new version until their year expires. Everyone who has ever purchased this mod is eligible for the new version at no additional cost at this time.
    -Joe

I am pleased I have reports from several VBSEO users that the mod is working just fine with VBSEO.
    -Joe

Updated to Version 3.1.

I have added a requested option to be able to "center" the share buttons instead of just left or right alignment.

I have also added additional code that will allow the Facebook Like buttons to show up regardless of whether or not you have the Facebook platform enabled. However it is still better you do have the Facebook platform enabled and an app id entered into Facebook options so vBulletin can better communicate with Facebook when sharing a page.
    -Joe